Monday, October 8, 2012

My new Companion is Elder Rakotondramanana


I am so happy that Grandma got that letter. I felt so impressed I needed to write her and I am glad that it did some good. I can't believe Caity is considering going on a mission! When she does go she is in for the spiritual awaking of a a life time haha. I am now in my new area and things are going great. My new Companion is Elder Rakotondramanana or Elder Rakoto for short. He is from Madagascar and is awesome. He learned how to speak English in six months and is just a fun guy to be around. I am now in the City of Johannesburg also known as Jozzi Central to the mission. Church was awesome on Sunday and we will be watching conference this week end. We get conference a week later here but everyone was talking about the change in the mission age at church. I am very excited for that and couldn't help but laugh a little because I had wanted to go when I was 18.

Elder Holland is coming to South Africa this month and he will be addressing our mission on the 25th. I am very excited to hear and meet him. Things are good though and I am loving being here in Johannesburg. There is plenty of work to be done and we are having fun while doing it :) Thank you so much for all of your love and support, I know I would not be here if it weren't for you :) I hope you have a great week and enjoy every minute of everyday. I am really so grateful to be serving in South Africa right now and I hope I can serve as the Lord would have me. I almost cried when you told me Grandma's response to my letter. I cant but feel closest to my Father in Heaven when I am able to lift someones day especially someone in my family. I love you so much mom and know that you guys are in my prayers everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment