Monday, October 15, 2012

I need to remember is not a race, its a journey

Oh how I miss eating Chilidogs and watching the "best two years" every Sunday haha those are some good memories. ? Family is the greatest blessing that our Father in Heaven has given us, we can have the greatest joys together but we can also bear each other up better than anyone else can. I really miss my family I miss all of you but I know I am where I need to be and am doing the most good here. I officially have one year left before I come home. That is crazy to think about, I have been in Africa for a year now. Okay time for the Long awaited update. I am now serving in the City of Johannesburg also known as Jozzi Central :) My new companion is Elder Rakotondramanana, also known as Elder Rakoto, he is from Madagascar. The work is progressing slow but sure. We are having to rebuild our area but a challenge is always fun. The ward is big and are chapel is the second oldest LDS Chapel in South Africa. The city is crazy and as you could imagine is very dangerous and we are not allowed to tract or walk in certain streets. The city is very very wicked for the lack of a better term. I will have no problem walking anywhere in Portland After serving here. The members are very kind and fun, the return missionaries are helping a lot as well which is something that has never been the case in any of my areas. We are working very hard to find new investigators and to build our relationship with the members to gain their trust. We watched general conference this last week end and it was amazing! Its amazing how the Lord can speak to us so perfectly through His servants. President Monson never ceases to amaze me and make me laugh. I really enjoyed his talk on service and feel even more compelled to go out and help all I can through the gospel. I have a lot to learn still but I feel very grateful to have such great leaders to teach me what I need to become.
Time is flying by and I feel there is still so much I need to accomplish but I need to remember is not a race, its a journey and I need to enjoy it and use the time given to the best of my ability. Love you mom and know that you and everyone else is in my prayers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment