Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I love the Rain in Africa


-- It has been a great week in South Africa. Things have been going good in our area in Seshego. We are meeting a lot of new people everyday and handing out a lot of material to everyone we meet. We've had to drop some people as well this week and its been hard to watch people you grow to love reject the message we have for them. A big part of that is pride. People learn these things and start applying them in their lives and then God is able to bless them. Then we see that as soon as those blessings come and their burdens become lightened they go right back to their old ways. Its sad to see but we need to remember that everyone has their agency. It has been a good learning experience for me. Anyways, on Tuesday we had a huge rainstorm hit us while we were biking and we had to cycle as fast as we could to the plaza in Seshego to find cover. It doesn't rain too often here but when it rains it pours!!!!!!! We ended up having lunch and waiting out the storm. On Sunday, we had a blast! We were having a slower day and we had some things to do back at our apartment which is in Polokwani, 18k or 12 miles away and mostly all up hill. So we thought long and hard, 30 seconds, and decided we could do it! It was hard but fun and now I feel proud of myself.
I love this work and its blessing my life in ways I never thought a mission could. I think I might be growing up :( but I guess its a good thing too. I know that the message we as missionaries take to the world is true and that it blesses the lives of those who choose to live it. My knowledge and understanding of our Father in Heaven is increasing daily and it is preparing me for many great and marvelous things and I know it can do the same for all of us.
I love and miss you. and look forward to talking with you on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment