Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Southern Cross is Awesome

Glad to hear things are going well. Its been different having such a hot Christmas. The Southern Cross is awesome. It was one of the first things I looked for my first night in the mission field. The weather here is hot and muggy! I have never been in such thunder and lighting storms before. Almost every home is outfitted to be ok if struck by lighting. We eat a lot of rice, chicken, beat root, and pap. The members keep telling me they're going to make us mopani worms sometime so that should be interesting. Just as long as I don't have to eat tripe! We also got to go to shops around town and get Kota which is a half a loaf of bread hollowed out stuffed with fries, Russian sausage, cheese, and baloney. Its pretty dang good.

I am learning so much out here on mission. I have never felt my testimony grow so fast and strong. I know that if we are ever to find true peace and joy we need to follow the example of our Saviour Jesus Christ and do what he would have us do. I have seen families find peace and joy once again as they have applied the Gospel of Jesus Christ in their lives. I know that this is where the Lord wants me to be. I love telling people about where my father served his mission. That has always been a strong example in my life in wanting to serve a mission.
Love your Son,
Elder Caleb Coon
--



No comments:

Post a Comment